There are many factors to consider before replacing your bike’s voltage regulator. A faulty voltage regulator can lead to further damage to your bike’s electrical system and reduce its power, which means that you will have less control over your bike. Sometimes, a faulty voltage regulator can be repaired and costs a fraction of the replacement price. If you want to avoid having to replace it, you can ask the manufacturer to repair it for you.
Bestseller No. 1
74505-09 Voltage Regulator Rectifier for 2009-2015 Touring Models Electra Road Street Glide King Ultra Class 74505-09A 7450509 7450509A by LIYYOO
- ★ Replaces Harley Davidson voltage regulator Part Numbers: 74505-09, 74505-09a Meets or exceeds OE Specs. Touring 2009-2015 FLHT FLHR FLTR Models
- ★ NEW Premium Quality Harley Davidson Replacement Voltage Regulator,Designed to Run Cooler and Last Longer, extends useful battery Life
- ★ Computer tested for consistent Quality and Rugged Reliability，2011 harley davidson road king parts,2010 harley davidson dyna fat bob parts,2007 harley davidson electra glide ultra classic parts,road glide ultra 2019,rectifier voltage regulator,1998 harley davidson ultra classic voltage regulator,motorcycle voltage regulator rectifier,2010 street glide fairing,rectifier/regulator 10-504,2002 harley davidson softail voltage regulator
- ★ MZS Voltage Rectifier Regulator use high quality aluminum , highest grade lamination materials,higher grade of electronic components.
- ★ Satisfactory service, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email!We will solve it for you in the first time!
Bestseller No. 2
Nahntaipy Voltage Regulator Rectifier Fits for Harley-Davidson CVO Dyna Electra Glide Fatboy Heritage Softail Springe Low Rider 1989-2014, Black Replacement OE 74519-88 74519-88A
- Fitment: Voltage regulator rectifier fits for Harley-Davidson CVO 2014, fits for Harley-Davidson Dyna 1991-1999, fits for Harley-Davidson Dyna Glide 1992, fits for Harley-Davidson Electra Glide 1989-1996 2009-2014, fits for Harley-Davidson Fatboy 1990-1999, fits for Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail 1989-1999, fits for Harley-Davidson Heritage Springe 1997-1998, fit for Harley-Davidson Low Rider 1989-1992.
- Replace Part Number: Replacement 74519-88/ 74519-88A/ H1988, made of chrome alloy, the surface is treated with anti-oxidation, with ceramic hybrid structure, strong and durable.
- Function: Convert high voltage and unstable AC power into 12v DC power with stable voltage, protect battery and vehicle circuit system, reduce load and extend vehicle life.
- Note: The performance of on-board electrical equipment and other related components will gradually decrease with the failure of the rectifier, and in some cases make the vehicle unable to work. Therefore, it is necessary to check and replace the rectifier regularly, packing 1× voltage regulator rectifier.
- Customer Service: If you have any questions, please contact us by email, we will reply you within 12 hours.
Bestseller No. 3
OCPTY 74505-06 74505-06A Voltage Regulator Rectifier Fits 2006 2007 2008 for Glide Road Glide Road King Street Glide
- COMPATIBLE MODELS - Voltage Regulator Rectifier Fit for 2006 2007 2008 Glide 2006 2007 2008 Road Glide 2006 2007 2008 Road King 2006 2007 2008 Street Glide
- PRODUCT DETAILS - Replacement part number:FHADA204G018 74505-06 74505-06A 498269 49-8269 498276 49-8276.Output Voltage:DC 12V;Minimum Charging Voltage:14.5V+/-0.5V.Fit for motorcycle and boat motors, DIY engines and so on.
- HIGHLY PERFORMANCE - Replace a new regulator rectifier can raised your lights brightness,improve the phenomenon of low-grade driving,the shift more smoothly,improve the ignition efficiency and make the spark plug burn more fully,prevent over-charging battery etc.
- WHEN TO REPLACE - When something breaks in your rectifier,you have to replace a new one to maximize battery life and keep your vehicle in good working order
- PLEASE NOTE - Please check car make model trim engine,product appearance and part number to make sure this is the right part you need.Any question you have please contact us for a answer
Bestseller No. 4
New CHROME Voltage Regulator Rectifier Replacement For Harley Davidson 74519-88, 1989-99 Evolution Big Twin, 32 AMP
- Replacement Part Numbers: 23022122, H1988C, AHD6005-C, AHD6005C, 803-580, 803580, 74519-88, 7451988, 498312, 230-22122
- Product Type: Motorcycle Small Engine Elec; Condition: New; Location: Front; Voltage: 12V; Country of Origin: CN
- Exact Fit W/ Ceramic Hybrid Construction - Engineered To Meet Or Exceed OEM Specifications - 12 Volt, Shunt-Type, 14.5 Vset
- One Year Hassle Free Guarantee
- See Product Description for Additional Specifications
SaleBestseller No. 6
VG MOTO 74505-06 Voltage Regulator Alternator Rectifier Compatible with Harley Davidson Electra Glide Road Glide Road King Street Glide Classic 2006-2008
- 【COMPATIBILITY】 VG MOTO voltage regulator rectifier is an aftermarket part for OEM part number: 74505-06, replacement for Harley Davidson Electra Glide Road Glide Road King Street Glide Classic 2006 2007 2008
- 【High Quality Material】Made of high-quality aluminum shell and advanced heat conduction system to control the output. Voltage stabilizes at 12V to protect the battery system, reduce load, and extend motorcycle service life.
- 【Excellent Performance】An effective regulator rectifier will improve the performance of vehicle electrical equipment, such as raising your light's brightness and improving the phenomenon of low-grade driving. So replacing the new rectifier is crucial for vehicle maintenance and avoiding some dangerous situations.
- 【Special Features】The motorcycle regulator rectifier replacement gets rid of internal heat in the housing quickly and efficiently so as to make for a very reliable unit. Helps to dissipate excessive voltage and heat, preventing over-charging the battery.
- 【Easy Installation】100% Brand new Motorcycle voltage regulator rectifier direct replacement and direct fit. OEM plug-and-play design is quick and easy to install, instructions are NOT included.
Bestseller No. 7
Tykick 74505-97 Voltage Regulator Rectifiers For Harley Davidson Electra Glide 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001,Road Glide 1998 1999 2000 2001,Road King 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 Replaces OEM#74505-97A,7450597
- 【Harness length】The negative black connector wire length is 42.12 in, the positive red connector wire length is 45.86 in, and the ABS plug wire length is 24.80 in.
- 【confirmedfit myFitment 1】Compatible with Harley Davidson Electra Glide 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 Ultra Classic Shrine SE FLHTCU，Ultra Classic Shrine SE Anniversary EFI FLHTCUI，Ultra，Classic FLHTCU，Ultra Classic EFI FLHTCUI，Ultra Classic Anniversary EFI FLHTCUI，Police FLHTP，Police EFI FLHTPI，Police Anniversary EFI FLHTPI，FLHT，EFI FLHTI，Classic Shrine SE FLHTC，Classic FLHTC，Classic EFI FLHTCI，Classic Anniversary EFI FLHTCI.
- 【confirmedfit myFitment 2】Compatible with Harley Davidson Road Glide 1998 1999 2000 2001 Screamin Eagle EFI FLTRSEI，FLTR，EFI FLTRI，Anniversary EFI FLTRI;Compatible with Harley Davidson Road King 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 Police FLHP,Police Escort EFI FLHPEI,Police EFI FLHPI,FLHR,EFI FLHRI,Classic EFI FLHRCI,Classic Anniversary EFI FLHRCI
- 【OEM size】Compatible with OEM Part Number：74505-97, 74505-97A,7450597;Manufactured with original manufacturer (OEM) parts 1:1 size design and high-quality materials to ensure compatibility with the original car
- 【Quality Guarantee】Within half a year after purchase, if there is any quality problem, it can be replaced for free.
Bestseller No. 9
DB Electrical 230-22071 Voltage Regulator Compatible With/Replacement For Harley Dyna 2004 2005 Fatboy 2001-2006, Harley 1450 CC Softail, Heritage 2001-2006 23-HA001 74540-01 74610-01 230-22071
- Spec: Unit Type: RECTIFIER / REGULATOR, Voltage: 12
- Replaces OEM Numbers: ACCUMAX: 23-HA001, ARROWHEAD: 230-22071, ARROWHEAD (OEM): 23-HA001, HARLEY-DAVIDSON: 74540-01, J & N: 230-22071, J & N (OLD): 230-22038, J&P CYCLES: 381-608, SOCIETA GENERALE RICAMBI: 16.8354, TEMCO: TM-RE-187
- Compatible With/Replacement For: HARLEY-DAVIDSON: FLST Heritage Softail 2006, FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic 2001-2006, FLSTCI Softail Heritage Classic 2001-2006, FLSTF Softail Fat Boy 2001-2006, FLSTFI Fat Boy 2001-2006, FLSTFI Fat Boy Shrine 2005, FLSTFSE CVO Fat Boy 2005, FLSTFSE2 CVO Fat Boy 2006, FLSTI Softail Heritage 2006, FLSTN Softail Deluxe 2005-2006, FLSTNI Softail Deluxe 2005-2006, FLSTS Heritage Springer 2001-2003, FLSTSC Heritage Springer Classic 2005-2006
- 1-year warranty protects you after your purchase. We're confident that our products will work flawlessly once installed in your vehicle. But in a rare case that it does not, we'll replace it anytime within one year of your order. If you have a problem, we will take every step to assist you, contact us for a replacement.
- 100% New aftermarket Rectifier / Regulator built to meet OEM specifications for Harley-Davidson
Bestseller No. 10
Tykick 74505-06 Voltage Regulator Rectifier For Harley Davidson 2006-2008,Electra Glide,Road Glide,Road King,Street Glide,7450506,74505-06A,7450506A，498269,49-8269,498276,49-8276,FHADA204G018,H0506
- 【confirmedfit myFitment 1】Compatible with Harley Davidson Electra Glide 2006 2007 2008，Harley Davidson Road Glide 2006 2007 2008
- 【confirmedfit myFitment 2】Compatible with Harley Davidson Road King 2006 2007 2008，Harley Davidson Street Glide 2006 2007 2008
- 【Compatible with OEM Part Number】7450506,74505-06A,7450506A，498269,49-8269,498276,49-8276,FHADA204G018,H0506
- 【OEM size】Manufactured with original manufacturer (OEM) parts 1:1 size design and high-quality materials to ensure compatibility with the original car
- 【Quality Guarantee】Within half a year after purchase, if there is any quality problem, it can be replaced for free.
Repairing a faulty voltage regulator is cheaper than replacing it
A faulty Harley voltage regulator may be the cause of numerous problems on your bike, from the instrument cluster to the headlights to the stereo. While your bike will still operate with a bad regulator, you may notice other symptoms, including a flickering light that makes reading the gauges difficult in the dark. Fortunately, this problem is typically easy to fix. Listed below are some of the most common causes of a faulty voltage regulator.
If you notice that the voltage gauge is not reading correctly on your Harley, you may have a faulty regulator. It may be caused by an irregular voltage reading or a loose connection. The regulator can also fail because of too much heat. This is an inexpensive problem to repair, and it is much less expensive than replacing it entirely. To test whether your Harley voltage regulator is faulty, you can use an ohmmeter.
Symptoms of a faulty voltage regulator
If you notice a flickering light on your motorcycle’s gauges, this may be a sign that the voltage regulator has failed. Flickering lights can be hard to notice during the day, but become noticeable at night. Faulty voltage regulators can also lead to a faulty speedometer and other indicators. Fortunately, there are many ways to detect a faulty regulator.
In addition to having erratic numbers, you may notice the needles pulsating on and off in a random pattern. If the readings are off, then it may be time to replace your Harley’s voltage regulator. If you notice a faulty voltage regulator, do not ride your motorcycle until the problem is fixed. Faulty regulators can damage your engine. To prevent this, have your Harley’s voltage regulator serviced regularly.
Cost of replacing a faulty voltage regulator
If you have a faulty Harley voltage regulator, it could mean several things. Your motorcycle’s gauge power supply may be not working correctly, or you’re experiencing intermittent or constant engine failure. It could also mean your battery is nearing its end of service life. If you suspect a problem with your voltage regulator, it is important to have it inspected by a motorcycle mechanic before you take a trip.
If you think your voltage regulator may be the culprit, it’s important to fix it before you damage your motorcycle or cause it to run without power. It could also mean that your taillights or headlights stop working. You could even notice the battery releasing flammable gases like oxygen and hydrogen. The cluster may also malfunction and cause your motorcycle’s dashboard to show an error code. Ultimately, a faulty Harley voltage regulator will cause your bike to have trouble starting and may require a full engine overhaul.
Symptoms of a shorted voltage regulator
A bad voltage regulator will not keep up with the energy consumption of the motorcycle. This could cause your headlights and tail lamps to not work, and it could also result in the battery releasing flammable gases. Overcharged batteries can also release oxygen and hydrogen gas. In addition, a faulty voltage regulator can cause an error in your instrument cluster. These symptoms may indicate that you should have your motorcycle’s engine reworked.
In addition, a bad Harley voltage regulator can affect your motorcycle’s electrical system. This can lower the voltage and cause you to lose control of your bike. Luckily, you can sometimes repair a bad voltage regulator if it’s just part of the problem. However, if it’s a faulty regulator, it is better to replace it altogether to avoid further issues with the electrical system. You can find reliable replacement providers online.